Reports To: Senior Draftsman
Objectives: Draw the prints for new construction homes with zero construction defects. Work with production team to maintain a culture of Integrity, Humility, Excellence, Service, Trustworthiness, and Growth.
- Assist in developing master plan sets for each model base plan.
- Update existing plans to reflect feature and specification changes with an emphasis on value engineering and office related cost variance reduction.
- Communicate any substantial plan changes to Director of Purchasing, Estimating and design.
- Specify materials, trims, fixtures, and construction assemblies (floor joist, floor sheathing, roof deck layouts, etc.) Prepare inked floor plans for sales brochures
- Oversee the production of construction drawings. Make sure they are fully coordinated with structural calculations, and that the structural drawings are signed.
- Solicit trade contractor input to enhance value engineering of the floor plans and construction drawings. See if homes’ energy-efficiency, cost effectiveness, construction methods, quality, etc., can be improved upon.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of residential construction and quality control best practices.
- Knowledge of scheduling methods, creativity to solve potential scheduling problems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work diplomatically with all types of people.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate affirmation and constructive criticism, in proper balance.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage time efficiently.
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
- Works in temperature controlled environment most of the time
- Vision for near, mid-range, far and accommodation. Hearing for low, medium and high pitch.
- Requires physical ability for standing, sitting, crouching, kneeling, frequent walking, reaching above head and below waist.
- Must be able to perform all job expectations safely with or without reasonable accommodations
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
Hours & Salary Range:
- 50-55 hours per week
- After hours and weekends may be necessary on occasion to meet deadlines
- Salary based upon experience
- Comprehensive employee benefit package, including 401k
- Paid vacation/sick/holiday time
Management reserves the right to change the duties and responsibilities set forth herein at any time.
NOTE: This position guide outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties for the associate.