Capstone Homes is Minnesota’s largest locally owned home builder. We have a mission to build quality homes at an exceptional value while serving others and impacting the community. With a strong focus on growing individuals both personally and professionally, we take pride in our core values of excellence, integrity, growth, humility, trust and service.
We are looking for a hardworking and motivated Manager of Purchasing to join our fast paced team!
Build a competitive vendor base capable of growing with Capstone Homes and meeting our demand and velocity and cost targets. Need the ability to build, develop and lead a purchasing team that will foster a culture of integrity, humility, excellence, service, trustworthiness, and growth.
Looking for someone with the desire and ability to care for and lead people, as much as the actual skill set of purchasing.
- Demonstrate the ability to search and source Trade Partners and potential start up operators.
- Recruit and qualify new Trade Partners through networking.
- Sell vendors and operators on reasons why Capstone Homes is the Builder of Choice.
- Develop a high level of understanding of Capstone Homes and Trade Partners’ goals in order to find the most equitable position for both parties.
- Oversee contract management for all Trade Partners.
- Maintain strong relationships with Trade Partners.
- Ensure negotiations with Trade Partners produce the best outcome for both parties and are conducted in line with Capstone Homes best practice and standards.
- Ability to research trade partners and negotiate the best price from a position of strength.
- Analyze the Trade Partners business as well or better than they do.
- Listen to their concerns and present solutions without driving up costs.
- Continually negotiate with Trade Partners to save and implement more efficient ways of purchasing.
- Manage vendor bid process.
- Organize and analyze bid results.
- Provide vendor recommendations with supporting rationale.
- Analyze current costs and vendor relationships and look for opportunities to improve.
- Manage projects taking them from inception to completion.
- Navigate problems and propose solutions when obstacles are encountered.
- Set goals and timeline for completion.
- Articulate roadblocks while managing to completion.
- Possess a high school diploma or a GED equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of purchasing, contract administration and estimating in the home building industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Construction Management, or Engineering preferred.
- Computer literacy.
- Excel, Word, Office and Construction Systems (are a plus).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of residential construction and quality control best practices.
- Ability to manage department workflow and help set priorities for the team.
- Ability to manage people.
- Ability to work diplomatically with all types of people.
- Strong positive verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Problem solving ability.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Superior analytical skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Ability to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Detail oriented and accurate.
- Highly motivated with the ability to motivate others.
- Strong work ethic.
- Fosters culture of integrity, humility, excellence, service, trustworthiness and growth.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Works in temperature-controlled environment majority of the time. In Person at office, with frequent visits to field.
- Vision for near, mid-range, far and accommodation.
- Hearing for low, medium and high pitch.
- Requires physical ability for standing, sitting, crouching, kneeling, frequent walking, reaching above head and below waist.
- Must be able to perform all job expectations safely with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate computer and other equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- 45-50 hours per week as workload requires.
- After hours and weekends may be necessary on occasion to meet deadlines.
Competitive compensation, People -first culture, working alongside talented team members who genuinely care for each other, Ability to apply your gifts and talents for a purpose bigger than profit, Healthy work life balance including paid time off, growth opportunities in a rapidly growing company, attend world class training events and participate in many opportunities for professional and personal growth, eligible for employee home discount after the first year, company issued phone with unlimited data, generous and comprehensive employee benefits package, including Medical Plans with options for dental and vision, Company Match 401K, Robust Onboarding Program and Skills Training, Leadership Training, Weekly Company Provided Lunches
WANT TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
Capstone Homes offers a competitive compensation package based on experience and excellent benefits. If you enjoy working in an environment where you are truly valued and can make a big impact, please send your resume’ and cover letter to: Leslie@Capstonehomes-mn.com
Please apply by: March 15, 2021